I don’t know if you saw it or not, but the other day all the search engines, or at least Google and Internet Explorer, had a link promoting Internet Safety Day.
Of course I clicked the link!
I went through the process, and even though my account had not been compromised, I followed the change password instructions.
What could that hurt right?
Well now I have gone and dorked up my Outlook connection to my Gmail account.
I mean dorked up, cannot fix, have done everything but stand on my head to correct.
I remember when I set up the connection in the beginning.
My sis and bro-in-law had moved across county, and up until that point they had been my technical support team and advisers.
I was pleased as punch when I set it up myself being left to my own devices.
I even called my sister to share the outstanding news.
I don’t remember it being all that hard, so why I cannot figure it out now is beyond me.
I even went the straight up advanced settings route and thought I had it going on, but um, no. Nothing works!!
I was out sick yesterday, achy and feeling feverish, so all I did was eat and sleep…..and think about this stupid internet connection faux pas I have created.
I woke up this morning, feeling much better thank you, and thought….manual set-up.
That was the first thing that popped into my head. I was like – that has got to be it!!
And by going the manual set-up route I did make more progress than I previously had, but alas – no go.
I have the sending side set up and working, but the receiving side, not so much!
Oh well. It will be a weekend project. Grrrrr.
On a positive note, things at work are going much better!
I guess you can’t have it all going on at the same time.